Monday, October 22, 2012

Create your own Pumpkin Carving Pattern!


It is quite easy to make your pumpkin whatever you like!

My husband REALLY wanted a CSU ram carved pumpkin, so after a little planning here is how!

* Find whatever image you want your carving to be of. 

* Blow it up to whatever size you need it to be to place on your pumpkin.

*Keep in mind the more complex the image the harder it will be.  thin lines are VERY hard on a thick pumpkin shell.

* Next you'll need to connect all parts of your image to the shell somehow, pieces cannot hang in thin air...  Here in my example the red shows where I changed the image to show all parts. 


* Next you need to attach the image to the pumpkin.  I cut slits around to help it curve, then pinned it on.


* Use a pin to mark all the way around your design.  I kept mine close together (about 1/4 in) 


* Once you have made the entire image in dots, pull of the paper and connect them.  

* Color in all the areas that are to be cut out.  This will help in making sure you didn't miss or mess up anything


*Carefully cut out your image!  

There you have it!  Not to hard of a project and you get a one of a kind decoration!  Hit me up with questions, and follow this blog for more great tips!

Of course It wouldn't be a great pumpkin carving night with the kid reactions :)



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!






3 comments:

  1. Awww this is just great! I never thought of it. Before, I was depending on those downloadable patterns, when I can actually make my own. Thanks to you dear. will surely do this on this coming Halloween, I'm thinking of floral patterns.

    My fascination to pumpkin carvings made me create a post featuring different Pumpkin Carving Ideas that you may want to check out. Cheers to you and to the cute girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww great! I love these cool pumpkins! I'd love to include these designs in my favorites of halloween pumpkins if you'd let me. That'll be very nice.

    More power,
    Betty
    Pumpkin Carving Patterns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I enjoyed browsing for these awesome Pumpkin Carving Ideas . I hope it’s fine with you that I could pin them on my Pinterest board. I’m so sure my followers would be happy to see these interesting photos. Keep sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to add your email to your comment!